The special needs ministry at WECC is designed to support children from babies to 6th grade with special needs.
- To fully include children with special needs and their family in the life of the church.
- To ensure a safe and loving environment to learn about God and the Bible.
- To support each child with consistent Buddy Helpers to promote his or her participation in Children's Ministry.
- God created each child according to His perfect design.
- Each child brings value to the church body.
- We actively seek to include all children.
What is a buddy helper?
- Assists child with lesson and activities in an inclusive classroom setting.
- Remind the child of upcoming transitions and be a familiar face.
- Provide updates & recommendations on child's success in the classroom to parents and supervisor.
- Assist child with physical needs when required.
- Help the child learn the love of Jesus through a consistent relationship.