We are intentional in creating a fun and inviting environment for our 5th and 6th graders on Sunday morning. They have a time for social interaction, a time for teaching the truth found in God's Word, and a time to divide into small groups to delve into how to apply the truth to their lives. Our desire is to have a safe atmosphere where kids can ask the hard questions as they discover their faith and make it their own.
Our desired outcome for your student is:
- Grow in their relationship with Jesus
- Have time with God everyday
- Will be comfortable to pray out loud
- Know they are loved and nurtured
- Have fun with friends at church
- Know what they believe and demonstrate attitudes and actions that reflect Jesus’ love
You can contact Jan Dale at Jan@westendcc.org
Fusion is available for second service on Sunday mornings. Fusion opens 15 minutes prior (at 10:15) and stays open 15 minutes after scheduled ending time unless otherwise noted.
Visitors are welcome to check in at the Elementary desk located on the first floor. You and your child will receive security badges and be escorted to your child’s classroom.
Each week your child will experience the following:
- Meet together for snacks and games
- In large group a bible story is taught on the character of God
- Divide into Discipleship groups by gender
Each September a Children's Membership Class is offered
Who: 2nd grade & older (Parents must be members of West End for the student to attend this class.)
Where: 9:00 am for 4 consecutive Sundays, location to be announced
Purpose for this class:
- To have trusted Christ as their Savior and able to share their story with an elder (parents will be present too)
- Understand what it means to take part in the sacraments (baptism and communion)
- Gain a better understanding of being sinful and how to follow Jesus
To participate in the class, sign up by emailing Judy Dorris at email@example.com.
- Charis Food Delivery
- Operation Christmas Child
- Angel Tree
- supplies for Siloam
Jr. Helper Opportunities
During first service a 5th or 6th grade student can serve as a Jr. Helper in the Preschool. A student must complete an application and be trained by the preschool coordinator, before they can serve in classrooms. You can pick up an application at the elementary desk from Judy Dorris. Or Email Judy at Judy@westendcc.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my student gets sick or needs me while in class?
- Put your cell phone on vibrate
- Carry it with you while in the church
- We will text you if a need arises. Otherwise we have no way to contact you
How do I register to be on the Student’s Roster?
Go to the Elementary Desk and complete the Family Registration Form.
Can I sit in on any part of the Children’s Ministry?
Yes! We invite parents to observe in the classroom at any time after you have picked up a parent nametag at the Elementary Desk.
How can I volunteer in Elementary?
Contact Judy Dorris, Children's Ministry Coordinator, at Judy@westendcc.org